[TYPO3] No tutorials? Draft idea attached...

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Thu Oct 5 10:53:53 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> Looks like it uses MTB. I afraid new users may learn much faster if they
> use templavoila's ppint-and-click templating than writing markers here
> and there... Did not read further since I do not use MTB for ages.

Dmitry,

I doubt that TV is really faster than some plain markers in a prepared
HTML document and a little TS. I don't think one approach is necessarily
better than the other, I am definitely not faster with TV, instead I end
up clicking a lot more often then I'd like to, with no other results
(not talking about FCE and stuff). I think the difference between TV and
classic is rather of personal taste and working habits.[1]

I seriously regret that FTB makes the impression of being more
"advanced" or modern than MTB or even GoLive, as it is just a different
way of doing stuff.

Greetings,
Michael

[1] Some people would probably argue that Windows-style install wizards
that make you click "continue" a dozen times before actually doing
anything are more userfriendly than typing apt-get install whatever in a
console...