[TYPO3] CHC Forum mystery 500 errors

Another Vision info at anothervision.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 11:05:15 CEST 2006

Hi List

Wonder whether anyone can help me out here. I've installed CHC Forum (1.4.5)
for the first time recently on a Typo3 (v4) installation and it's all
working sweetly with one tiny glitch that I can't figure out. Everything
works fine, until I log-in to the back end and try to view the front-end in
another browser window (or tab) of the same agent. Other agents don't seem
to be affected, but on the 'logged-in' browser the server throws an
'Internal Server Error'.

I've asked the hosts to check into the server logs, but they've not found
anything.

The hosting server's running the recommended 16MB of PHP, and the rest of
Typo3 runs throughout, it's only the pages containing Forum records that
won't show. I understand from the hosts that the server is running as a
'cluster' which I have to confess I don't really understand, but apparently
splits the load of the server's work across more than one machine.

I also have the same site running locally (also at 16M) and it tests and
operates fine. Anyone come across this behaviour before? Is it likely to be
the memory limit? (I'm reluctant to upgrade the account if it's not going to
have any effect...)

Thanks
Mike