[TYPO3] No tutorials?

Daniel Smedegaard Buus daniel at polyteknisk.it
Tue Oct 3 08:21:32 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Daniel Smedegaard Buus wrote:
>
>> Actually, I thought I miswrote it, as I meant to write "one-month
>> learning curve"! :D You're not saying, seriously, a three-month learning
>> curve? Really?
>>

> Depending on the level of knowledge that you need. If you want to write
> patches for core, it is even more then 3 months. If you only want to
> create simple sites, one month can be sufficient.

Oookay... Could I ask just a little deeper? What I'm about to create is
an Amazon-like eCommerce system. Amazon-like in functionality, not
scale. I've only glanced briefly over TYPO3 before on two short
occasions, and know nothing of its innards (let alone outards,
actually). I know PHP and MySQL (and C++, C# and Java). This is my first
project this scale. We should have a release 1 on March 22 next year,
and be done September 1 next year. How would you rate this in regards to
TYPO3?

Thanks,
Daniel