[TYPO3] 404 pageNotFound_handling

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Oct 2 19:47:27 CEST 2006

Hi!

Robert Markula wrote:
> Now there is a nice article in [1], explaining the advantages of the new
> error handling in Typo3 4.0.2.
>
> As explained in the article, I created an error page in the root of my
> website with a explanation of what's going in. It has the alias '404' (I
> use realURL), and in the install tool I set
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageNotFound_handling'] = '/404/';
>
> Sooo... when calling a non-existing page, the correct error page is
> shown. Good. But in the apache log, I can see that the wrong header
> (200) is sent.

Are you sure it is sent to the client? Typo3 does internal HTTP request
to web server to fetch this page and it will appear with code 200 in
logs. Typo3 will send then content of this page with 404 code to client.
You can use this tool to check status code of any page:
	http://rexswain.com/httpview.html

> In my .htaccess I have the 404 error handling set to:
> ErrorDocument 404 /404.html

This has nothing to do with typo3 and does not affect typo3.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs