[TYPO3] 404 pageNotFound_handling

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Oct 2 17:11:16 CEST 2006

Hello everybody!
Now there is a nice article in [1], explaining the advantages of the new
error handling in Typo3 4.0.2.

As explained in the article, I created an error page in the root of my
website with a explanation of what's going in. It has the alias '404' (I
use realURL), and in the install tool I set
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageNotFound_handling'] = '/404/';

Sooo... when calling a non-existing page, the correct error page is
shown. Good. But in the apache log, I can see that the wrong header
(200) is sent.

In my .htaccess I have the 404 error handling set to:
ErrorDocument 404 /404.html

Any idea what's going on?

Thank you for your time :)
Ro