[TYPO3] Does the 1-2-3 install tool use DBAL?

Daniel Smedegaard Buus daniel at polyteknisk.it
Mon Oct 2 12:59:32 CEST 2006

Daniel Smedegaard Buus wrote:
> Uros Kositer wrote:
>
>> Daniel Smedegaard Buus wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I think this is reported in bugtracker
>> (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4212)
>>

> That definitely looks like the same deal! Only, "For the reporter: The
> quick fix is to revert this change." -- how would I do that?
>
> Thanks, and thanks for the swift reply,
> Daniel :)

Okay, okay, I used the diff to manually revert back. Now I no longer get
an error creating the tables.

Instead, I get a "*Table and field definitions should be updated*" page
with a looong list of fields the install tool would like to add. It
says, "There seems to be a number of differencies between the database
and the selected SQL-file. Please select which statements you want to
execute in order to update your database:" and then it suggests to add
some hundred or something field, and has unchecked checkboxes in a
"Changing fields" list of several hundred fields. I can click a "Write
to database" button at the bottom, but I just get the same screen once
more... Any ideas?

Edit: Just briefly, I can see a page full of "Invalid argument" messages
from SQL before the installer returns to the "Update database tables and
fields" screen.

Thanks,
Daniel