[TYPO3] ODBC Woes...

Daniel Smedegaard Buus daniel at polyteknisk.it
Mon Oct 2 12:03:17 CEST 2006

Allan Jacobsen wrote:
> On Friday 29 September 2006 15:40, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Daniel Smedegaard Buus wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, I think I'm pretty close, but not quite... I'm trying to get TYPO3
>>> to connect to my sucky MS SQL Server 2005 Express thing.
>>>
>>> I've added this to localconf.php:
>>>
>>> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList'] .= ',adodb,dbal';
>>>
>> This is wrong :( To ensure proper extension installation you must do it
>> through Extension Manager.
>>
> Ups, normally you would be right, but NOT in the case of the dbal extension.
> It says very clearly in the manual that you must do this yourself before TYPO3
> can run.

Yes, that's what I read too. Also, the documentation states that you
should get dbal and adodb extensions from CVS to install them as you
obviously can't access the extension manager since TYPO3 isn't installed
yet. However, the documentation is once again outdated, as CVS states
the extension are now in core, which is confirmed by checking out
typo3/sysext/. So, dbal is part of TYPO3 out-of-the-box, at least in
4.0.2. Now, I'm not sure how widely that statement is true, as my recent
post indicates... :/

Cheers,
Daniel