[TYPO3] Duplicate content items

Tim Riemenschneider lists-05 at tim-riemenschneider.de
Wed Nov 29 14:04:54 CET 2006

Tapio Markula schrieb:

> In general the idea of automaketemplate is that no markers are needed at
> all, just id or class attribute (id is preferred if used *once* and
> class if several times). Then just

> Not that at least a whitespace character is needed and

> will *not* work!

(Getting slightly off-topic:)
Since this little whitespace can cause problems (if missing) that are
quite hard to find (if you don't suspect the right thing...), I use to
write my templates like
border-content....</div>
that is put some dummy text, preferably describing the item, into those
div-tags (or td, span, whatever...).
This has the advantage that you get a feeling of the layout if viewing
the html-template directly.
(Disadvantage: if you have no content for an item (yet), you can't
simply leave it out of the ts-template, you have to replace it at least
with "nothing" (like an empty TEXT or similar))

(I once cleaned out my html-templates so that

became

and wondered where my content went....
Took me quite long to find, since I changed "nothing" IMO )

cu
Tim