[TYPO3] rtehtmlarea formatblock button is empty

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Nov 27 18:16:11 CET 2006

> [...]
>>
>> ==
>> mod.SHARED.colPos_list=0,2
>> RTE >
>> RTE.colors {
>>   c1 {
>>   value = ...
>>   name = ..
>>   }
>> }
>> RTE.default {
>>         ## Default RTE configuration
>>         skin = EXT:rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/skins/default/htmlarea.css
>>     contentCSS = fileadmin/templates/css/some.css
>>         enableWordClean = 1
>>         useCSS = 1
>>
>>         showStatusBar = 1
>>         showButtons = *
>>
>>         hideButtons = fontstyle,fontsize,blockstyle,textstyle
>>         hideTableOperationsInToolbar = 0
>>         disableContextMenu = 0
>>         disableSelectColor = 0
>>         disableTYPO3Browsers = 0
>>         disableEnterParagraphs = 0
>>         hidePStyleItems = *
>>         hideFontSizes = *
>>         hideTags = font, font (full)
>>         disableColorPicker = 1
>>         classesCharacter = mainText, headText, zitat, headTextTimes
>>         showTagFreeClasses = 1
>>     colors =
>> c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6,c7,c8,c9,c10,c11,c12,c14,c15,c16,c17,c18,c19,c20,c21,c22,c23,c24,c25
>>         ## Default proc rules
>>         proc {
>>                 ## TRANSFORMATION METHOD
>>                 overruleMode = ts_css
>>
>>                 ## LINES CONVERSION
>>                 dontConvBRtoParagraph = 1
>>
>>                 ## BRING FONT TAGS INSIDE PARAGRAPHS
>>                 internalizeFontTags = 1
>>
>>                 ## TAGS ALLOWED OUTSIDE P & DIV
>>                 allowTagsOutside = img,hr,span
>>
>>                 ## TAGS ALLOWED
>>                 allowTags = table, tbody, tr, th, td, h1, h2, h3, h4,
>> h5,
>> h6, div, p, br, span, ul, ol, li, pre, blockquote, strong,
>> em, b, i, u, sub, sup, strike, a, link, img, nobr, hr,
>> center, font, tt, q, cite, abbr, acronym
>>
>>                 ## TAGS DENIED
>>                 denyTags >
>>
>>                 ## ALLOWED P & DIV ATTRIBUTES
>>                 keepPDIVattribs = class, style, align
>>
>>                 ## CONTENT TO DATABASE
>>                 entryHTMLparser_db = 1
>>                 entryHTMLparser_db {
>>
>>                         ## TAGS ALLOWED
>>                         allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
>>
>>                         ## XHTML COMPLIANCE
>>                         xhtml_cleaning = 1
>>
>>                         ## AVOID TO HSC TWICE
>>                         htmlSpecialChars = 0
>>
>>                         ## CLEAN TAGS
>>                         tags.hr.allowedAttribs = class
>>                         noAttrib = b, i, u, strike, sub, sup, strong,
>> em,
>> quote, blockquote, cite, tt, br, center
>>
>>                         ## REMAP B AND I TAGS
>>                         tags.b.remap = strong
>>                         tags.i.remap = em
>>
>>                         ## PROTECT CUSTOM TAGS
>>                         keepNonMatchedTags = protect
>>                 }
>>         }
>> }
>>
>> RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext < RTE.default

I looked the Page TSConfig more closely and noticed it has

hidePStyleItems = *

If I changed it to '>>
> [...]
>>
>>                 ## CONTENT TO DATABASE
>>                 entryHTMLparser_db = 1
>>                 entryHTMLparser_db {
>>
>>                         ## TAGS ALLOWED
>>                         allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
>>
>>                         ## XHTML COMPLIANCE
>>                         xhtml_cleaning = 1
>>
>>                         ## AVOID TO HSC TWICE
>>                         htmlSpecialChars = 0
>>
>>                         ## CLEAN TAGS
>>                         tags.hr.allowedAttribs = class
>>                         noAttrib = b, i, u, strike, sub, sup, strong,
>> em,
>> quote, blockquote, cite, tt, br, center
>>
>>                         ## REMAP B AND I TAGS
>>                         tags.b.remap = strong
>>                         tags.i.remap = em
>>
>>                         ## PROTECT CUSTOM TAGS
>>                         keepNonMatchedTags = protect
>>                 }
>>         }
>> }
>>
>> RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext < RTE.default

I looked the Page TSConfig more closely and noticed it had

hidePStyleItems = *

If I changed it to

hidePStyleItems =

the formatblock button showed the dropdown list

Normal
Heading 1
Heading 2
Heading 3
Heading 4
Heading 5
Heading 6
Preformatted
Address

fine.  Now I'm wondering why 'hidePStyleItems = *' showed the dropdown
list in 3.8.1?

Another thing I'm confused about is if I comment it out like '#
hidePStyleItems = *', the formatblock button still shows the same full
dropdown list.  But in the rtehtmlarea manual, under the Typical Default
Configuration section, it has

==
## Hide infrequently used paragraph types in the paragraph type selector
(formatblock button)

hidePStyleItems = pre,address
==

So I think if I don't have any hidePStyleItems in my Page TSConfig, the
above typical default configuration should take effect.  As a result, I
should have only

Normal
Heading 1
Heading 2
Heading 6

in the formatblock list without 'pre' and 'address'.  But 'pre' and
'address' are there.  Looks like the typical hidePStyleItems setting
doesn't work even though my rtehtmlarea is installed in typical mode?

Bing