[TYPO3] rtehtmlarea; a couple of functions disappeared after upgrading

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Tue Nov 21 23:19:51 CET 2006

Hi,

Again, the problem is related to the upgrade from 3.8.1 to 4.0.2 we did
recently.  I followed the upgrade instructions to remove the local
rtehtmlarea extension and installed the system version of rtehtmlarea.
After doing that,  I noticed two things missing.  In the tool bar, the
drop down list (Type of paragraph) becomes empty and the icon that has A
in an white rectangular block (current style) is not responsive as it used
to in 3.8.1 (it should pop up a window and let user select the available
colors).  We have a Page TSConfig included in the root page.  That page
TSConfig has all the RTE configurations, including RTE.colors,
RTE.default, etc...It seems that the rtehtmlarea gets its config from the
page TSConfig.  But the connection is broken somehow when switching
rtehtmlarea from local to system.  Where do I tell the system rtehtmlarea
to read the same page TSConfig again?

Thanks much in advance,

Bing