[TYPO3] Vertical 3-level menu: showing level above on top of the sub-menu's?

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Tue Nov 21 22:56:11 CET 2006

Hello all,

I have a vertical menu with sub-menus (http://www.vivant.org/site).  All
working fine but visitors tempt to go directly to the sub-menu pages and
not to the top level pages in the menu.

I would like to repeat the level1 menu item in on top of the level2
submenu.  Example:
page1 (level 1)
   page1-1 (level 2)
     page1-1-1 (level 3)
     page1-1-2
   page1-2
   page1-3
page2
page3

The vertical submenu for page1 should contain the items: page1, page1-1,
page1-2 and page1-3.  The same for level 3: page1-1, page1-1-1 and
page1-1-2.

It's as if each of the sublavels contains a shortcut page to the level
above.  But I don't want to create all these shortcut pages...

Can this be done with HMENU/TMENU?

Regards,
Pieter