[TYPO3] Showstopper for IE: RealURL and Named Anchors within the same page

Joerg Wagner jwagner at digilog.de
Tue Nov 21 16:59:23 CET 2006

Hello world,
I am really stuck and hope for your help.

I have seen quite some people requesting help on this problem, but they
often failed in describing the exact circumstances of the problem, and so
failed to get a solution. So I describe the problem in detail. Hopefully you
are able to read all this stuff.

Here we go:

Situation:
*   Typo3 4.0.2 installed
*   RealURL installed
*   config.baseURL set to http://www.mydomain.com/
*   This generates a base tag in the header of the page:
   <base href=http://www.mydomain.com />Needed:
*   A link at the bottom of each page that jumps back to the top of the
page.
*   To do this, there is a named anchor  <a name="pagetop"></a>  at the top
of each page
*   and a link at the bottom of the page of the form:  <a href="#pagetop">To
Top!</a>

Problem:
* The link works in FireFox, but Internet Explorer fails to jump to the top
of the page.

Reason:
Some tests show that IE uses the url given in <base href=""> to resolve any
links that contain ONLY a named anchor in href, e.g. <a href="#pagetop"> .
In combination with RealURL and the config.baseURL setting this leads IE to
jump to:
http://www.mydomain.com#pagetop
where it should jump to
http://www.mydomain.com/REALURL/ALIAS/PATH/#pagetop
This _could_ be circumvented by prepending the links href with the fully
qualified URL of the current page, or at least with the RealURL alias path
of the address in the form of  <a href="/REALURL/ALIAS/PATH/#pagetop">To
Top!</a>
But whatever I try to get that path in front of #pagetop, it is filtered out
by Typo3, as long as I refer to the url of the current page.
For example I tried:
    # NO GO...
    page.10 = TEXT
    page.10.typolink.parameter.data = field:uid
    page.10.typolink.section = pagetop
    page.10.typolink.returnLast = url
But the result is just "#pagetop". The RealURL alias path only appears as
soon as I try to address a page different from the current page, e.g.:
    # THIS WORK...
    page.10 = TEXT
    page.10.typolink.parameter = 123    <--some existing page uid!
    page.10.typolink.section = pagetop
    page.10.typolink.returnLast = url
In this case the result is  REALURL/ALIAS/PATH/#pagetop

Whatever I try - as long as I address the current page, Typo3 filters out
the alias path from my links href and the jump to the named anchor fails in
IE.
I would GREATLY appreciate some help on this one!

MANY THX in advance...
--
Jörg Wagner