[TYPO3] Serious Problem Upgrading from 3.8

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 21 12:42:03 CET 2006

Hi!

Mark Pi wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> And you did COMPARE in Install tool too?
> Yes, it was fine.

It should not due to

>> Unknown column 'workspace_id' in 'field list'

Seems like your COMPARE could not detect that database needs updates.

> I again tried a complete database transfer (from scratch), and now the
> entire BE is kaboodled. <:-(

You need to transfer database, than go directly to /typo3/install/,
"Database analyzer" there and select COMPARE. Do not enter BE yet.

COMPARE should tel you that you are missing many fields and prompt to
correct this. If it does not, it means that your typo3 installation is
not correct (i.e. you have wrong files in /typo3 and /t3lib).

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs