[TYPO3] Commerce rendering times are big..

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Nov 20 06:28:48 CET 2006

hey Guys and hopefully the people from commerce,

When I add the static template commerce to my extension template,
my page rendering time changes from around 200ms to over 30 seconds.

To give you an idea about my Commerce statistics:

tx_commerce_article_prices  859
tx_commerce_articles   859
tx_commerce_categories  100
tx_commerce_categories_attributes_mm  89
tx_commerce_categories_parent_category_mm  100
tx_commerce_products 855
tx_commerce_products_categories_mm  12.000

We do expect around 7000 products in the system where the
categories_mm table will grow to around 100.000 entries (wild guess).

When I set my maximum executing time to 30 seconds,
I often get the timeouts in the extension gray tree.
This is just by adding the  template (setup.txt)
to the extension template.

Looking at DB statistics it doesn't look like the RDBM is the problem,
it's just that httpd sits at 80-100% processing data.

This is on a dual-core 2GHZ machine with 1.2GB of memory.

any hints and or clues??

if the commerce team can help, I am willing to try and dig into
the problem and discuss my setup and see if we can come up with a good
solution!

thanks in advance,
Ries van Twisk

PS: Cross posted to typo3-english....