[TYPO3] Indexing File mounts for indexed_search?

Michel Albert exhuma at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:48:49 CET 2006

> > Hmmm.... I was just wondering.... Is it possible to index file mounts?
> > I have users put their documents (pdf's and co) into file mounts. But
> > these are documents that need not necessarily to be linked anywhere
> > (don't ask me why). So would it be possible to create a indexing
> > configuration that would parse those files too?
>
> File mounts are for BE users, index search is for FE. What is the link?
> Or did I misunderstand something?

The thing is, that the BE users are uploading files into the file
mounts. They would like those files to be searchable, but without the
need of linking them in a FE-page.

If that is not possible, is it then possible to display a certain
file-mount in the frontend? I saw that you can add a pagecontent of
type "Filelist", but you still would need to add each files to that
list. It would be much handier if you simply give it a filemount to
display.

Cheers,

Mich.