[TYPO3] Force Language and L-parameter

Bernd Wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Nov 16 16:22:26 CET 2006

"Søren Schaffstein" <soeren.schaffstein at media-lights.de> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1163424292.21672.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi there,
>
> is there a way to force the language and value of the L-parameter on a
> page by TypoScript?
>
> Setup is this:
> We have a page in german (default lang) and english. To explain some
> further details in more languages there are 10 pages in spanish, russian,
> etc.. When a user jumps to one of these pages, (or enters them directly
> from a url) TYPO3 should switch to english and apply L=1 to all links.
>
> Switching the language seems easy as it can be done using:
> config.sys_language_uid = 1
>
> But clicking on any link then switches the language back to default.
>
> Any ideas?
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

try to insert some shortcuts, or better: pages with type 'external url'
prepend your tree is:

100
 +-101
 +-102
 +-103

and you want a jump to page 101 with L=1

add further pages:
+-100
|  +-101
|  +-102
|  +-103

+-104    (not in menu)
   +-105    external URL

and insert this url for page 105: index.php/id=101?L=1

now you can link for every language to page 105 and following this link will
bring you to page 101 with L=1

not very flexible, but a little bit

Bernd