[TYPO3] new news article notification

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Nov 15 20:15:19 CET 2006

Hi,

Typo3 V3.8.1
tt_news 2.2.24

We have a RSS news feed set up with tt_news on our sites.  Now I'm able to
subscribe to those feeds and view the feeds in the web browser.  But I
have to click the feeds to see what's in there.  I want to be notified of
new news items by pop up window or e-mail.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to let typo3 send out some kind of
alert or notification (e.g. via e-mail) whenever new news articles are
posted.  I've used this kind of feature on other websites, e.g. Microsoft
Sharepoint.  So basically, allow user to turn on/off the news notification
option in, say, User->Setup.

Failing that, I know there are many RSS feed readers on the internet.  One
I've tried (Pluck) can do popup window notification.  Can the same thing
be done using web browsers' features only without installing any external
plugins or helpers?   I'd appreciate how other people deal with this kind
of end user request.

Thanks,

Bing