[TYPO3] site builder website

Andreas Wolf ng at nospam.andreaswolf.info
Wed Nov 15 17:07:52 CET 2006

>> Before I get my hand dirty, I just want to check is there any similar
>> work done? If some one has already started the job, I'm willing to work
>> together. Or if the job is partially done, I may be able to finish it.

> Search the TER for 'freesite'--it's been around since before TYPO3 3.5
> If I remember correctly. It does about 90% of what you're describing
> (all but the part where an FE user can generate the sites). It takes
> about 5 clicks and 3 or 4 fields of typing to get a new site running
> in the BE.
freesite was my first thought, too, but this is all done through the
backend. Perhaps enabling FE-editing could be an option, but I have never
used it in production, so I don't really know.

I think there would be little coding neccessary to allow a FE-user to
generate a new site, but you never know ;)

>From Rockys description I would also say that perhaps TemplaVoilas FCEs are
an option for him - at least when it comes to presenting pre-defined blocks
with only some info to put in, e.g. contact information.

Andreas