[TYPO3] HTMLArea should replace nbsp with unicode entity

Sebastian Roth sebastian.roth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 17:08:04 CET 2006

On 11/15/06, Martin Kutschker <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> wrote:
> Sebastian Roth schrieb:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > my intention is to drop html entities in most of my pages.
> > Unfortunately htmlarea (shipped version with typo3 4.0.2) writes
> > &nbsp;. Is it possible to write &#160; (the unicode entity) instead?
>
> What is the advantage?

xhtml, sent with mime-type application/xml+xhtml does not support html
entities by default. At least when browsing the page with Safari it
complains about every single entity it cannot find.

Yes, Firefox skips it and renders the page correctly, mainly because
it's capable of loading the entities.

Seb