[TYPO3] Collaborative Filtering

Ellison, Todd todd at venturenet.net
Tue Nov 14 15:59:00 CET 2006

> Ellison, Todd wrote:
> > I would like to do some collaborative filtering (like
> > http://www.vogoo-api.com/) on a site we are working on.
> Basically, I
> > would like users to be able to rate content items, compare
> their ratings
> > to other users, and suggest content to them based on those ratings.

> I did implement a rather complicated rating extension (not ltg_rating)
> that allow for ratings to objects and will remember who did
> the rating it also allows for for calculating teh total rating and
> teh total importance of a rating over time.

Is this a publicly available extension or something you wrote?  It sounds like it might be a good basis for writing my own.

> I can't dig
> it up from my old mails right now I remember it was OPen Source
> and quite good. I also remember that you needed quite a lot of
> CPU power to do all calculations.

Yesterday, I found a doc (http://www.daniel-lemire.com/fr/abstracts/SDM2005.html) which explains a method of cf which claims to be very accurate without the heavy math.  I haven't yet had time to absorb the math involved, but they've even got a pretty easy PHP/SQL example (http://www.daniel-lemire.com/fr/abstracts/TRD01.html).

Todd