[TYPO3] how to make content other lanuages in English?

Søren Schaffstein soeren.schaffstein at media-lights.de
Tue Nov 14 09:28:58 CET 2006

Did you provide a way in the frontend to switch the languages? Like a
language menu?

If not try to test your language settings by adding the L-parameter to
the URL of your site.

www.domain.com/index.php?id=5&L=1
may work for spanish.

A menu for one additional lang could be done like this:
## Menu Localisation [Begin]

lib.menuLang = HMENU
lib.menuLang {
   special = language
   special.value = 0,1
   special.normalWhenNoLanguage = 0
   1 = GMENU
   1 {
     # translation exists
     NO {
       XY = [5.w], [5.h]
       backColor = white
       5 = IMAGE
       5.file = fileadmin/templates/images/flags-label-german-act.gif ||
fileadmin/templates/images/flags-label-england-act.gif
     }

     # rollover effect
     RO < .NO
     RO = 1
     RO {
       5.file = fileadmin/templates/images/flags-label-german-act2.gif
|| fileadmin/templates/images/flags-label-england-act2.gif
     }

     # translation exists - currently selected
     ACT < .NO
     ACT = 1
     ACT {
       5.file = fileadmin/templates/images/flags-label-german-act.gif ||
fileadmin/templates/images/flags-label-england-act.gif
     }

     # missing translation
     USERDEF1 < .NO
     USERDEF1 = 1
     USERDEF1 {
       5.file = fileadmin/templates/images/flags-label-german.gif ||
fileadmin/templates/images/flags-label-england.gif
       noLink = 1
     }

     # missing translation - currently selected
     USERDEF2 < .USERDEF1
     USERDEF2 = 1
     USERDEF2 {
       backColor = green
     }
   }
}

## Menu Localisation [End]

And have a look in the localisation guide on typo3.org

all the best
Søren