[TYPO3] how to make content other lanuages in English?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Nov 13 20:35:44 CET 2006

Hi,

When I add a Text type element, I can see the Language drop-down list
which has [All], Default, Spanish and Chinese.  If I select Spanish and
save/close, the content doesn't show up in the browser.  If I change it
back to Default (which is English in our case), the content appears fine.
So in order for other languages to work, what need to be done?  Where
should I go to check what's missing?  I had a look at our TS template and
found the following settings

### Setup Spanish
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 3