[TYPO3] Content migration from legacy cms (EZ Publish)

Amiran Chyb amiran.chyb at stopspam.gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 19:03:45 CET 2006

hi there

For one of my clients apart from setting up a CMS I'll have to do full
content migration from their former CMS - EZ Publish. The content consists
mainly of news items (thousands of them).

What approach would you recommend and what should I know before starting?

I was thinking about writing python or php script to do it (getting item
 from 1 db, putting it into 2nd DB with proper changes and so on), but
maybe it would suffice to put those 2 db's into same server and just write
SQL scripts?

Where should I look to be sure that I won't miss any fields in Typo DB
that should be populated while creating typo3 records?

Or maybe I'd rather create content elements one by one with PHP script
calling Typo3 API?

thanks a lot
Am