[TYPO3] definition lists and menus

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 17:48:03 CET 2006

HI,

On 11/11/06, Mads M. Hansen <madsmh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have desigend a site with a menu like the one below, but I'm baffled as to
> how to implement in in typo3 as it is quite different than what I have done
> previously. The TemplaVoila wizzard dosen't seem to be able to recognize the
> structure correctly.
>
> Any pointers as to where to look or how I should start would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Regards, Mads
>
> <dl>
>   <dd>
>     <ul>
>        </ul>
>  </dd>
> </dl>
>
> <dl>
>   <dd>
>     <ul>
>        </ul>
>  </dd>
> </dl>

I've never used the wizard, but TV only has to recognize the parent
element anyway (i.e. the dl). If it can't, just wrap the dl in a div
and when you map in in TV set the mapping mode to 'Outer'--that way
the div will not appear in the generated pages.

Besides that, you just need to set the editing type to 'TypoScript
Object Path' and fill in the path with something like lib.navigation.
The TS will look approximately like this:

lib.navigation = HMENU
lib.navigation {
	1 = TMENU
	1 {
		wrap = <dl>|</dl>
		noBlur = 1
		expAll = 1

		NO = 1
		NO {
			linkWrap = <dt>|</dt>
		}
	}

	2 = TMENU
	2 {
		noBlur = 1

		NO = 1
		NO {
			wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
		}
	}
}

By the way, this example will 'correct' your HTML--it's a bit strange
the way you have a /separate/ definition list for each individual menu
item. The TS above makes /one/ definition list containing multiple
items.

--
Christopher Torgalson