[TYPO3] basic usage.

Rudy Gnodde gnodde.rudy at wag.nl
Fri Nov 10 11:57:28 CET 2006

Hello Asbjørn,

If TemplaVoila is better than the "old" way or not is a matter of oppinion. I think it is, but there are also a lot of people who never use it.

But anyway, to your problem. The TemplaVoila page module doesn't know how the different mapped areas are shown in the front end. There are a few extensions that allow you to display a custom layout in the TemplaVoila page module. I've never tried any of those, so I don't know how good they are or how they work exactly, but you might want to try one of those.

TypoScript is needed for (a lot of) extensions. You also need TypoScript for TypoScript Object Paths in TemplaVoila. And for configuring a lot of other things. This (and more) can all done through the "old" template module. So, yes, you probably still need to use that. The name Template is a bit misleading in this case though.

Regards,

Rudy Gnodde
WIND Internet
http://www.windinternet.nl