[TYPO3] Lots of blank pages "Page is being generated..." in FE while showing pages from BE is fine!!

Bert Hiddink hiddink at bendoo.com
Fri Nov 10 00:58:16 CET 2006

Hello,

Bert Hiddink wrote:
> The BE is comfortably fast and I got no problems rendering pages in de
> FE as long as I stay LOGGED IN the back-end!!!
>
> However, as soon as I log out from the BE, close the browser and
> navigate the site the FE, I get LOTS(!) of of blank pages with the
> famous message "Page is being generated..." in FE...

The problem appeared to be caused by the extension: KB TV Content Slide

This extension lets you insert the content of a TV Column field into a
TV TS-Object path field, but if no content is found in the column on the
actual page the content of the parent page is taken.

When running this extension at another site, I got a fatal error: Class
't3lib_BEfunc' not found in
/var/www/site38/typo3conf/ext/kb_tv_cont_slide/pi1/class.tx_kbtvcontslide_pi1.php
on line 106a

So when I uninstalled the extension, FE-page rendering went smoothly.

Regards,
-brt

--
Bert Hiddink