[TYPO3] A few questions on data structures and TYPO3

Nikolas Hagelstein hagelstein at shr.cc
Wed Nov 8 16:50:39 CET 2006

Hi,
>by the *structure* of the tables that the plugin creates, as instructed
by the TCA.
TCA is used for rendering the "edit form" in list view,there isnt
neccessarily a 1 to 1 relation
between tca field and table field.

>Meaning that, I cannot, for instance, put in customized fields in an
editor
>that are based on pure PHP, for instance, or some calculations on data
from other sources.
If i got you right: it is possible, you could create a pseudo tca field
and attach a custom php function to
it. Have a look to  userFunc the TCA section of "typo3 core api".

>In the kickstarter generated code there are php functions for frontend
plugins, but not for backend presentation. Correct?
Depends on what do you mean by "for the backend".

>that there's absolutely no way to get around using uid fields for
>primary keys without doing heavy modification on core code. Correct?
I guess so, the uid seems to be hardcoded at several places.
But i do not know for sure. I wonder why there isnt something like
"primarykey"
withhin the tables TCA ctrl section (for "languageField" it is existing)

cheers,
		Nikolas