[TYPO3] Questions conserning XHTML and Typo3

Pirkka Rannikko bircha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 16:40:07 CET 2006

Hi!

1.
I want to change the

Content-Type" content="text/html

that Typo writes  to the header of the page to

Content-Type" content="application/xhtml+xml

or leave the metatag out all together. Is this possible?

2.
Is there a plugin for Typo that would do Content negotiation
(something like this PHP script
http://stijlstek.nl/greek2me/src/xhtml-or-html/xhtml-or-html.phps)?

3.
Can I make Typo 3 4.0.2 to output valid HTML 4.01 Strict?

4.
I have Text with Picture content elements on my Typo3 site and the
pictures within have links pointing to the actual full sized image
files. When I click the picture the image file will open in a new
window and that is not good.

I can make them to open in the same window by adding the atribute
target with value self  on the links by using the appropriate tools of
the content element. I don't want this either because then I can't
validate my site as XHTML 1.0 Strict. Is there a way in Typo to make
ALL links no matter what they are to open into the same window without
rendering the target atribute?

Example page using target="self" from my site:
http://www.bircha.com/index.php?id=125

Some things to consider for those that want to shake their view on
XHTLM. If you want to have a good night sleep or are familiar with the
subject don't bother ;)

* Sending XHTML as text/html Considered Harmful *
http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml

--
Pirkka Rannikko - Freelance Graphics and Web Design
http://www.bircha.com