[TYPO3] back end accessibility

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Nov 8 14:42:56 CET 2006

> A client has approached me detailing that the typo3 back end does not
> meet accessibility laws and is not accessible.

This depends on what you define as "accessible".
AFAIK the laws are far beyond reality and many things can be considered to
be "accessible" today, that were not when those laws were made.

> Is there any way that the back end can be made accessible?.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations to getting the back end to be
> accessible?

AFAIK there are even blind people who successfully installed _and_ used
TYPO3 and it's back end. There might be some comfort issues regarding popup
menus and other stuff but since TYPO3 offers different ways to do things, in
most cases there will be one that should work with screenreaders too.

But anyway there is a group of people, including myself, who are trying to
improve the overall usability of the BE, so maybe it is a good idea to join
the HCI team, if you want us to consider accessibility too.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de