[TYPO3] how to get the fe_user image

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Nov 8 10:54:02 CET 2006

Hi!

Toke Herkild wrote:
> In Typo3 most images are saved as files but the FE_user image is saved
> in a blob in the fe_user table. Is there some kind of function to return
> this image if so how and where do I get my hands on that documentation.

Nope, it is saved in the file system. Here is TCA for this field:
--------------------------
'image' => Array (
	'exclude' => 1,
	'label' => 'LLL:EXT:lang/locallang_general.php:LGL.image',
	'config' => Array (
		'type' => 'group',
		'internal_type' => 'file',
		'allowed' => $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['GFX']['imagefile_ext'],
		'max_size' => '1000',
		'uploadfolder' => 'uploads/pics',
		'show_thumbs' => '1',
		'size' => '3',