[TYPO3] Cannot find configuration. This file is probably executed from the wrong location.

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 20:34:12 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/7/06, Asbjørn Morell <atmorell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> www.domain.com/typo3conf/localconf.php allready excist.
>
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 ftpuser www-data 704 2006-11-07 20:03 typo3conf/localconf.php
>
> I tried to chmod -R 777 dummy and tyco-src dir to rule out permission
> problems. (Same error) Further more I tried to su to the webserver user and
> write to the localconf.php file. No problem.

This is a question you could almost certainly have found the answer to
in the install docs--check typo3.org.

In any case, it sounds like you're trying to run TYPO3 in more than
one directory. Make sure that the directory you want to use as the
root of your install contains the following:

fileadmin/
index.php
t3lib/
typo3/
typo3conf/
typo3conf/localconf.php
typo3temp/
uploads/

t3lib, typo3 and index.php are usually symlinked to another symlink
with a generic name such as 'typo3_src' which is itself linked to the
current source (e.g. typo3_src-4.0.2).

--
Christopher Torgalson