[TYPO3] Using the kickstarter, but not using uid as primary key?

Daniel Smedegaard Buus danielbuus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 17:51:06 CET 2006

Johannes Reichardt wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>> Okay, so how do you do it? You use the kickstarter, then tweak the files
>> it produces (is changing the TCA sufficient? Will I need to tweak more?),
>> then import? Or some other way?
>>
> Its very simple. Just make everything with the kickstarter and modify
> your created tables with phpmyadmin or the mysql console afterwards to
> your needs.
> then (i mostly do it a lot time later when all db changes are made) you
> just go to "dump db" in the extensions options in the right foldout menu
> and that creates the
> appropiate sql files for you - so typo3 will not complain about database
> changes anymore.
>
> Hope this helps!

Hi, sorry if I'm being daft here, but if I simply edit the database using
phpMyAdmin or similar, stripping away the uid, how will TYPO3 know what to
do with this modified table? I mean, how would it know how to keep
references intact etc.?

If you have the time, a practical example would be godsent.

Thank you for all your help!

Daniel

--
http://www.rhesusb.dk