[TYPO3] Bad performance on Apache 1.3.33 (Win32)

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 7 12:36:31 CET 2006

Hi!

Konstantin Salakhoutdinov wrote:
> I moved my project to a new virtual hosting account, and my typo3
> site began to act realy slow. Almost a week tech support tried to
> figure out what might be the problem, but they couldnt. Maybe there
> is a conflict between typo3 and my configuration:

It is not a question of conflict but of optimization

 > -Typo3 4.0.2
> -Apache/1.3.33-Pool-060917.1 (Win32)

Old...

 > -PHP 5.1.6
 > -ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q8
> -GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1

This bad because launches php.exe for each request

 > -mySQL 5.0.18 / S12

This is not officially supported by typo3

> Process memory not limited. Only base extensions are installed +
> tt_news. Don't know why some pages generation take from 5 to 42(!!!)
> sec without cache. With cache - 1 to 20 sec.

Obvious: you do not have PHP accelerator + mysql is not tuned.

> P.S.: For russian typo3 users I can name the hosting provider -
> http://www.1gb.ru

Virtual hosting is not good for typo3. You'd better select vps...

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs