[TYPO3] Ecommerce systems?

Chisa typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Mon Nov 6 05:21:06 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to TYPO3 and have decided to try it to see if its suitable for a client who needs a pretty extensive ecommerce system, similar to something like http://wishlist.com.au/ but with a bunch of extra features.

So far I've taken a look at http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/tt_products/2.5.1/view/toc/0/ but haven't been able to find many examples of sites that use it so I can get a decent idea of how well it scales. Is the system easy to use? Is it easy to adapt if the site requires some changes to the standard extension?

I'll also need a wishlist/gift registration type thing for this - are there any available extensions that provide that function?