[TYPO3] slow 404 redirect realurl

Alexander Heidl aheidl at fulcio.co.uk
Sun Nov 5 13:19:16 CET 2006

Peter,

i have exactly the same problem. I played around with the error handling
in t3 3.8.1 which worked out fine. Then I left it to just a t3 error box.

in the meanwhile i switched source to 4.0.2 and realurl 1.1.0. Now
getting into SEO stuff I desperately want this 404 working. All settings
according to the news article, etc etc works fine, but so damn slow!!

See yourself: http://www.dental-offer.com/whereisthatpage

My config in localconf is:
[FE][pageNotFound_handling] = /404/
[FE][pageNotFound_handling_statheader] = HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Config in .htaccess:
ErrorDocument 404 /404/

Config in realurl.php
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(
   'init' => array(
     'enableCHashCache' => 1,
     'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 0,
     'enableUrlEncodeCache' => 0,
     'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
     'respectSimulateStaticURLs' => 0,
     //'postVarSet_failureMode' => 'redirect_goodUpperDir',
     //'postVarSet_failureMode' => null,
   ),
   'redirects' => array(),

)

all root page ids are set according to the various domain names on my
server.

Have you yet found a solution? Even though the redirect works after sort
of 30 sekonds, I always get a header 302!

I have now almost tried anything, even with redirect script. This drives
me nuts!

Any ideas appreciated!!

BR,

Alex