[TYPO3] TYPO3 performance; Is it too slow for high-traffic sites?

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Sat Nov 4 16:49:09 CET 2006

Guillermo Prandi wrote:

> By mostly read I meant 1 of every 10 accesses will modify the database
> and invalidate some (or many) cached pages. Unfortunately, the number of
> users will be in the thousands (1,000? 10,000? I don't know!) and each
> user will get a particular view of the site (personalized content),
> although part of it could be cacheable (e.g., sidebar contents).

TYPO3 does not have very effective caching mechanisms outside complete
page caching, so if you have personalized views (like the username on
every page), then those will be slow. And if this makes up most of the
site, then TYPO3 is probably not the right tool for the job unless you
seriously improve the caching mechanisms yourself, which seems
impossible for you as a newbie.

Greetings,
Michael