[TYPO3] How do I reference a particular content element in TS?

Helge Vad helge at mereteland.dk
Sat Nov 4 11:13:38 CET 2006

> I want to set a single content element as hidden based on a condition.  How
> do I hide it it in TypoScript?

Probably several ways to do this - and it depends how your content element in the first place is put on your page.

Typically, something like:

    page.10.subparts.CONTENTS< styles.content.get

defines the content for the normal column.

'styles.content.get' translates to a CONTENT element:

   select{
     table=tt_content
     where= colPos=0
     orderBy=sorting
     ..
   }

In order to _not_ have content element uid=1411 shown, you might just change this select statement to

  where= colPos=0 AND uid<>1411

that is, add this TS line to the template for the given page :

  page.10.subparts.CONTENTS.select.where = colPos=0 AND uid<>1411

(of course you need to use something else for the 'page.10.marks.CONTENTS' part - depending on how your page TS template is set up,
perhaps by using the template tools 'Typoscript Object Browser' and 'Template Analyzer' )

Best Helge Vad