[TYPO3] Slow TYPO3 page

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sat Nov 4 11:11:10 CET 2006

Hello Brian,

>> I suggest using eaccelerator. Search google.
>>
> Thanks, I will try that
>
> Do you think its safe to install eAcc. for php 5.1.4 even though im
> using php 5.0.4?
>
> /BB

No! There are possibilities that the Apache server won't start if you are
using a eAcc for a different PHP version. Remember the Apache server has
to be restarted after the installation and and configuration of eAcc. And
it probably won't after installation of wrong eAcc version. eAcc are using
specific version values form PHP. But you can try. If it's dont work, it's
only neccessary to comment out some lines in php.ini.

I have never used eAcc for higer versions of PHP than installed, but I had
the restart problems with upgrades where the proper eAcc wasn't in the repo.
Therfore I always has to check this out when I do upgrades of PHP.

If you are using Windows you should find the correct version (or upgrade
PHP. version 5.1.4 is better than 5.0.4).

If you are using Linux, you should first check in the repositories if the
have eAcc as package (it will check the dependicies). I know FC, Debian,
OpenSuse has. Else it's pretty easy to compile it, just follow the little
installation manual on eAcc's homepage.

To get better perfomance you could also tune your MySQL installation. Search
the list.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no