[TYPO3] Slow TYPO3 page

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Nov 3 14:03:49 CET 2006

Brian Bendtsen wrote:
> R. van Twisk wrote:
>
>> Steffen Müller wrote:

>>> That will problably not help in this case.

>>> I suggest using eaccelerator. Search google.
>>>

>> and check the mysql query cache.
>>
>> If you are on a shared hoster ask your ISP about this.
>>
>> One more thing to check is if you don't use plugins that disable caching
>> at all.
>>
>> I ued one rss extension which just disables complete page caching and
>> since I used
>> it on the complete site no page of my site was cached and thus pages where
>> generated over and over again.
>>
>> Ries
>>

> Hi
>
> Im using this tw_rssfeeds, do know if its the same as the one you used?
>
> /BB

I don't use that one, but looking at the code here:

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/tw_rssfeeds/2.1.1/info/pi1%252Fclass.tx_twrssfeeds_pi1.php/

I clearly see  a unconditional :

$GLOBALS["TSFE"]->set_no_cache();

That means that this extension disables complete page caching!!!
If you use that extension using TS over your complete site it simply means
that your complete website will not be cache!!!

You need to modify the extension,
or find a other extension.

I used a sso_ or something like that RSS extension which has the same problem.
(which also had encoding problems)

cheers,
Ries

--