[TYPO3] Non-standard letters for RealURL

Logi Huldar Gunnlaugsson logi at spuni.is
Fri Nov 3 12:50:09 CET 2006

Hi list,

I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me or at least point me in
the right direction. The situation is this. I'm using RealURL for my
websites for pretty, SEO friendly urls. The plug-in works great but for
a few characters. The problem is that I'm Icelandic and we have a few
letters that are not used much elsewhere in the world such as: Þþ, Ðð
and Ýý and these letters are not being en/decoded by RealURL (since only
300.000 people speak the language I'm not so surprised that this support
is lacking...). I would like "Þ", "þ", "Ð" and "ð" to become "th" and
"Ý" and "ý" to become "y" or:

Þ->th
þ->th
Ð->th