[TYPO3] TYPO3 performance; Is it too slow for high-traffic sites?

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Fri Nov 3 08:10:04 CET 2006

* Guillermo Prandi <lists.netfielders.de at mailfilter.com.ar> [061103 02:07]:
> Hi. I wish to hear your thoughts about how well does TYPO3 perform on
> high-traffic sites. For instance, I wish to implement a complex site
> including multilanguage weblogs and other dynamic data, and I expect
> thousands of hits per hour (mostly reads). What is your experience on
> this kind of load?

What kind of load? You are not writing anything about the load, except
"Thousands per hour", which could be anything from 1500 to 500000 per hour.
IMHO th einteresting number is the peak per second.
Also "Mostly" read. What ratio? 90% read? or 55%?

> The database will be a well-tuned Oracle 9.2 server.

I read this somewhere else as well. The bottleneck than was the LAN ;-))

Anyway: I am pretty sure, it will work with TYPO3, but you have to give
some thoughts to the setup, who writes when where, how to cache, what
to cache, reverse proxies, etc. pp.
I am also pretty sure, that i *won't* work with TYPO3, if one sets it up
wrong.

best
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               TYPO3-Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100