[TYPO3] site shows 'NO entry in the $TCA-array for the table "tx_veguestbook_entries"'

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Thu Nov 2 21:37:32 CET 2006

> Hi!
>
> Bing Du wrote:
>> Why is that?
>
> You did not install ve_guestbook.

Thanks, Dmitry.  Yes, that's an obvious.  The site is on typo3 4.0.2.  In
the Ext Manager, I don't see ve_guestbook in either 'Loaded extensions' or
'Install extensions'. But I found tx_veguestbook_entries table in the
database.

Also in the front page that the site is supposed to load first, I don't
see any content element has ve_guestbook as plugin.  The weirdness is if I
go to other pages via their page ID, like
http://www.somesite.edu/index.php?id=345, that seems to be working.  Just
the front page shows that message:

NO entry in the $TCA-array for the table "tx_veguestbook_entries". This
means that the function enableFields() is called with an invalid table
name as argument.

So it's like ve_guestbook was installed and then deleted, but typo3 is
still trying to use it?

Bing