[TYPO3] No .expAll for HMENU .Special = UserFunc - any workaround ? [commerce]

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Nov 2 13:36:53 CET 2006

Amiran,

as far as I can see is that the function as shown in setup.txt doesn't
return sub categories but only the first category.

It does return pages under a subcategory which is weird... But that
might have
something todo with the way commerce works... I am not sure.

I also did notice that using there function it looks like that processing
the data is really slow.

I am currently writing my own getCategories function. For now it ony returns
the the array with parent_category. Will that works for you (so no MM
relations).

cheers,
Ries

> Hi there
>
> I know the issue is already in a bugtracker
> ( http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4400 ), but there hasn't been any
> discussion on the subject.
>
> I'm concerned with the Commerce category menu (lib.tx_commerce.navigation
> in static COMMERCE template), though I guess the problem may be more
> general (hence I'm writing it here): the HMENU of a type "special =
> UserFunc" doesn't allow expanding all it's submenus at a time by setting
> expAll = 1.
>
> Ergo, making dynamic drop down menu is impossible with custom HMENU.
>

> I'm looking into both suspected files:
> http://typo3.org/fileadmin/typo3api-4.0.0/d5/dde/class_8tslib__menu_8php-source.html
>
> and
> class.tx_commerce_navigation.php
>

> but I'm not sure yet where the problem lays.
>
> Does anybody know any workaround or the nature of the limitation?
>
> thanks a lot
> Amiran

Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer