[TYPO3] use spellchecker for tt_news

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Nov 1 18:05:58 CET 2006

Hi,

typo3: 3.8.1
htmlArea RTE: 1.0.0
tt_news: 2.2.24
spell checking services: 0.2.0
Spellcheck: ispell 0.2.0
Spellchecker Wizard: 0.4.0

The spellchecker works fine for the htmlArea RTE in regular text or text
w/ image files.  But in the text editor that's used by tt_news, I don't
see the spellchecker icon on the right next to the editor.  And the 'check
spelling and save document' icon at the top along with 'save document',
'close document' etc. doesn't seem to do anything.  Since most of the
items that frequently get added/changed on the websites are news related,
spellchecker is most wanted in managing news.

Anybody has any luck getting spellchecker work for news?  I know with
Firefox, misspelled words can get underlined automatically without
installing any spellchecker extensions.  But we also need to care about
those who use other types of browsers.

Thanks in advance,

Bing