[TYPO3] No .expAll for HMENU .Special = UserFunc - any workaround ? [commerce]

Amiran Chyb amiran.chyb at stopspam.gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 02:09:42 CET 2006

Hi there

I know the issue is already in a bugtracker
( http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4400 ), but there hasn't been any
discussion on the subject.

I'm concerned with the Commerce category menu (lib.tx_commerce.navigation
in static COMMERCE template), though I guess the problem may be more
general (hence I'm writing it here): the HMENU of a type "special =
UserFunc" doesn't allow expanding all it's submenus at a time by setting
expAll = 1.

Ergo, making dynamic drop down menu is impossible with custom HMENU.

I'm looking into both suspected files:
http://typo3.org/fileadmin/typo3api-4.0.0/d5/dde/class_8tslib__menu_8php-source.html

and
class.tx_commerce_navigation.php

but I'm not sure yet where the problem lays.

Does anybody know any workaround or the nature of the limitation?

thanks a lot
Amiran