[TYPO3] Chinese language on a european website

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Wed May 31 14:43:06 CEST 2006

Hi Tobias,

> I wonder if it would be easier just to create som static sites with
> UTF-8 charset instead... it's only 6 or 7 pages in total.

in this case I indeed would advice you not to take all that hazzle just
for a few pages. As of cause this will affect ALL your pages within that
TYPO3 installation. You then would need one of those conversion scripts
to make ALL your data UTF-8 within that one T3 installation.

Well ... an alternative: you could set different TS Setup templates in
the root of each branch to set the encoding there. But this won't help
you with the backend issue (set in localconf.php). So to enter UTF-8
texts you would always have to add this option, and decativate it when
entering the other content.

Regards,
Jochen