[TYPO3] Chinese language on a european website

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed May 31 12:20:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

> The only question is that the information for converting an existing
> database to UTF-8 is sadly missing and I can't seem to find the
> relevant instructions in the MySQL doc? Has anyone experience with
> this?

Actually I found part of the answer just after posting this. I tried
the following command:

ALTER DATABASE t3_db DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf-8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci

but it returned an SQL error. I'm running on MySQL 4.0.26. Doesn't
this version support the above statement? I tried without the
"DEFAULT" or the "COLLATE" part, but it didn't help.

François Suter
Directeur technique