[TYPO3] 5th column?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue May 30 21:12:00 CEST 2006

Marc Ehret wrote:
> Tapio Markula wrote:
>
>> I can't set this kind of layout for TemplaVoila
>>
>> http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/backendediting4.png
>

> Hi Tapio,
>
> one of the reasons to use TemplaVoila (at least for me) is this one:
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/me_templavoilalayout/0.1.5/view/1/1/
>

> I can't do that with the standard page module. Maybe with your Extension
> in the future :-)

True concerning setting contentareas below each others.
That is not possible with tm_contentaccess. You can set to
any order but in one row.
Basically that is at the same XCLASSed implementation as tm_contentaccess.

But the problem of TemplaVoila is that the layout doesn't fit
to the other layout of the BE. BE layout of TemplaVoila would need
*much* new classes made by XCLASSing.

The example me_templavoilalayout is not very nice and it is from another
world compared with other BE.

It is extremely problematic to
make any XLASSing for TemplaVoila because it is not a stable extension.

It is much more difficult to create desired BE layout
(http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/backendediting4.png)

for TemplaVoila than for the standard page module because button
handling is complex. Maybe I try when the plugin is stable and I really
need TemplaVoila. If someone could pay me something I could try to
implement 'me_templavoilalayout' + features of 'tm_contentaccess' for
TemplaVoila. But it is not easy task.