[TYPO3] Chinese language on a european website

Gideon So gideonso at livingwater.org.hk
Tue May 30 19:24:27 CEST 2006

Hi Tobias,

	First of all, you need a correct coding for Chinese. Big5 for
traditional Chinese and gb2312 for Simplified Chinese. The best thing to
do is use utf-8 in the backend and frontend.

	For backend, go to install tool -> all configuration -> forcecharset =
utf-8

    	For frontend, put config.renderCharset = utf-8 into setup field of
your template.

Gideon