[TYPO3] mailformplus

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Tue May 30 16:22:26 CEST 2006

Hello,

> My simple queston know: I'd like to create and configure a
> html form. What should I do?

It took me a while to get this working too. I'll try to explain what
I've done. Hopefully you'll find it useful. First, while in the ext
manager, click on MailformPlus. There is a checkbox for 'Use references
to templates instead...'. Go ahead and check that box and click the
Update button.

Next, under File - Filelist you'll notice fileadmin. I created a new
folder under user_upload called 'forms'. This is where I keep the html
for all forms. If you go to this page:
http://snipurl.com/r4af
You will see a template for a form in that page. It starts with this:
Example: (with javascript check, fileupload, error messages):

<!-- ###TEMPLATE_FORM### begin

  shows formular field to be filled out

-->

Just copy all that code, and paste it into your html editor of choice
and modify to your needs. The beginning of the code is what is displayed
in the browser when a user visits your form. The botom sections are the
text that is sent to the recipients of the message. Once you're done
with that, save the form, and upload it to the forms folder you made
earlier.

Then, click on Web-List, and then the page with the mailformplus content
element. In that content element, fill out the fields. To use the html
form you just uploaded, you'll see a spot about half way down that says.
HTML-Template with formular fields in it. Click on the folder, and
choose the html file you uploaded. Once that's done, click on save, then
view your page. You should see the form.

Hope that helps. If you need more detailed instructions, let me know.

- jody